Short on time? Here’s the best iPhone data recovery for 2021:
Did your iPhone go through a factory reset, and you can’t access important files anymore? Do you have photos and videos that you accidentally deleted, but would still like to keep them?
If the answer to one of the questions above is yes, you need the best iPhone data recovery software out there! These tools specialize in retrieving lost files from iOS devices. Broken screen, factory reset, system update, and accidental deletion are among the common reason why your files get lost.
However, reasons are not important for these top 10 iPhone data recovery software solutions. If it is possible to retrieve files, they will be up to the task. Go ahead and check out our reviews to find the best iPhone data recovery program out there!
Quick Summary of iPhone Data Recovery Review
- We picked Tenorshare Ultdata as our favorite iPhone data recovery tool for retrieving files from iPhones. It is easy to use as the interface guides you throughout the entire process. You can restore 35+ file types from iOS devices, iCloud, or iTunes. Browsing your backup and selecting files is possible, and you can even print data you don’t want to recover.
- iMobie PhoneRescue is another great choice. According to our iOS data recovery review experts, the program is fast and reliable. It features decent graphics and simple navigation. You can count on the software to perform a thorough analysis and locate a wide range of files for recovery.
- iMyFone D-Back is our third pick for the best iPhone data recovery software. The program supports all devices from iPhone 4 to the latest iPhone 12, and it is easy to use. The tool will perform the scan quickly and allow you to select files to retrieve.
What Is iPhone Data Recovery?
iPhone data recovery is a software solution for Windows or Mac (or both) that you can use to retrieve files from your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch. These are convenient tools since they offer protection against losing files forever. Whether you erased a photo accidentally or a factory reset caused complete file loss, these software can help to retrieve data.
The market offers a wide range of free and premium tools, which is why we gathered the best choices in our iPhone data recovery reviews below. Check out how we analyzed the tools and read detailed reviews and performance tests of the top 10 iOS data recovery tools out there.
Who Should Get iPhone Data Recovery Software
Every iPhone owner can benefit by having a reliable data recovery solution. If you are a newbie, it might happen that you erase a video accidentally and don’t know how to restore it. You might also accidentally activate a factory reset or a system update that returns your iPhone to default and erases all files you created.
That is where the best iPhone data recovery software comes into play. These tools can retrieve files from the device, or your iTunes backup and iCloud backup in several simple steps. You don’t need to have expert tech knowledge, although these tools are powerful. Professionals could benefit from them because these programs allow managing iPhones, retrieving files, fixing system crashes, etc.
How We Tested and Picked the Best iPhone Data Recovery Software in 2021
Here is a quick overview of how we tested and selected tools to include in our best iPhone data recovery review:
- Supported versions and platforms – The best iPhone data recovery program out there should support the latest iPhone devices and iOS updates. That is why we checked the versions supported by the tools included in our reviews. We also tested if the software is available for both Windows and Mac.
- File retrieval options – Recovering files directly from your iOS device is the main option, but it couldn’t hurt if you could browse through iCloud and iTunes backups.
- Interface – Although expert knowledge is not necessary, it is still helpful when it is easy to use the tool. You should be able to find your way around and perform the desired actions easily.
- Supported file types – Not all tools can retrieve all data. Some focus on photos and videos, and others can retrieve messages, call and chat history, etc. It is important to ensure that the tool can recover your desired file types.
- Reliability – The software should be capable of identifying all deleted files by conducting a thorough search of your system.
- Speed – The tool should be able to perform the scans and recovery processes swiftly.
Best Overall iPhone Data Recovery: Tenorshare Ultdata
Would you like to restore data directly from your iPhone? Are your videos and files stuck in an iCloud backup, or would you like to restore an iTunes backup?
For Tenorshare Ultdata, that doesn’t matter. This tool supports retrieving files from all these sources, which makes it the best iPhone data recovery software on the market.
Here is an overview of the main features offered by Tenorshare Ultdata:
- Reliable recovery of files by using one of three available backup sources (device, iCloud, iTunes)
- More than 35 file types supported, including images, contacts, SMS, etc.
- The latest iPhone versions supported (12)
- The latest iOS versions supported (14)
You can go ahead and download the free version to test the software. However, this is a premium software, and you should purchase a license to see its full power.
The pricing plans are as follows:
- 1-month license – use the product on 1-5 devices for a month at $45.95.
- 1-year license – with a price of $49.95, you can buy a yearly subscription for up to five devices.
- Lifetime license – a one-time purchase at the price of $59.95 secures a lifetime license for up to five iOS devices.
How Does Tenorshare Ultdata Work?
We tested Tenorshare Ultdata to make sure that everything works properly. The first step we took was to download the iPhone data recovery software from the official website. The download and the installation process went smoothly.
Tenorshare Ultdata doesn’t take a lot of room on your computer. As soon as you run the software, you will be greeted by a Welcome screen:
The tool asked us to connect the device. As the instructions explain, it is essential to unlock your phone and confirm that you trust the computer to establish the connection.
Main Interface and Scanning
We managed to connect our iPhone 7 on our first attempt. Here is how the main interface of the iPhone data recovery tool looks like:
As you can see, the name of the device is at the top, and all possible actions are in the center part of the screen. From here, you can now check for the type of data that you want to look for on the device.
You can choose to recover messages, photos, attachments, call history, app audio, iBooks, reminders, and virtually any other data on your iPhone. For the purpose of our iOS data recovery review, we picked to scan for all file types. It didn’t take a long time, which surprised us positively.
Preview and Print Files
Once the scan completes, you get the following menu:
The left-side tab will show you all available categories and the number of files inside each of them. You can preview all files, which makes it easier to select the ones you want to recover. For example, if you select photos, you will see the thumbnails of all images. If you need to see a picture better, you can enlarge it.
Here is another neat feature offered by Tenorshare Ultdata. You don’t have to recover files to view and print them. Let’s say that you want to print an iPhone message from your inbox. Choose the suitable option on the left and then pick a message to print.
Notice the printer icon in the upper right corner and print the conversation. You can use the same approach with other chat histories, which is very convenient.
Proceed to Recovery
Once you selected all the files to retrieve, go ahead and click the “Recover” button in the lower right section.
Tenorshare Ultdata will offer two options – retrieving files to a computer and to your device.
You can also check the desired output formats for various files. For example, you can save chat conversations as .xls files, but also in other formats. That completely depends on your preference.
Once you start the recovery, be patient. Tenorshare Ultdata is fast and reliable and will finish the process quickly. Read our detailed Tenorshare UltData review for more.
Runner-up: iMobie PhoneRescue
iMobie is a reliable developer of useful tools for various platforms. PhoneRescue focuses on providing a versatile solution for iOS data recovery, and that earned it a spot among the top 10 iPhone data recovery software options.
Here is an overview of the most useful program features:
- Restore deleted data – if you accidentally erased a file, you can retrieve them with this tool.
- Analyze backups and retrieve selected files – you do not have to restore all data from a backup. Instead, analyze it and choose the files you need.
- iCloud retrieval – if you have important files stored on your iCloud, this program will assist in retrieving them.
- Fix iOS crashes – does your iPhone need revival? iMobie PhoneRescue can repair the iOS system and ensures it works smoothly.
- Remove and recover lock screens and passcodes – if you have a screen time passcode, or use a lock screen, you can use it to unlock your iPhone easily.
Once you connect your phone, you will see the following screen:
Once the scan completes, you can see an overview of your backup. Go ahead and analyze all files, and make sure to use sorting parameters as a helping tool. For example, if you use Call History, you can see all calls, only existing, or only the ones that were deleted.
Once you finish selecting the files, finalize the process, and you can access them in the future.
iMobie PhoneRescue has a free trial, but you can also purchase a yearly subscription ($49.99) or a lifetime license ($59.99) for a single computer. You can read the full iMobie PhoneRescue review here.
Also Great: iMyFone D-Back
The third pick in our iPhone data recovery reviews is iMyFone D-Back. The tool can fix various phone issues, recover files from iTunes and iCloud. However, the functionality is a bit limited if you choose iCloud and iTunes file retrieval.
The good news is that iPhone data recovery works like a charm. Here is what you can expect from the tool:
- Supported file types – you can retrieve an extensive range of files ranging from WhatsApp, WeChat, and Viber to videos, photos, call history, contacts, and other files.
- Suitable for new and old devices – ranging from iPhone 12 to iPhone 4, you can use all variations. The product also supports the iPad and other iOS devices.
- Preview files – if you choose iPhone retrieval, you can inspect the data before choosing them for recovery.
Everything starts by connecting your device. Once you do that, you can see the available backup options.
You can scan the entire iPhone or selected file types. The program will show you the files it can recover on the next screen. You can choose files to preview before selecting them for recovery.
Once you check the files that you want to recover, click on the “Recover” button, and finalize the process.
iMyFone D-Back is available in a free trial, and the pricing plans vary from $39.95 to $69.95, and you can also customize them. If you sound like the right iPhone data recovery tool for you, be sure to read our full iMyFone D-Back review here.
dr.fone – Data Recovery (iPhone Data Recovery)
dr.fone is a brand developed by Wondershare, a famous brand for computer software development. As for this particular iPhone data recovery tool, it only takes three steps to recover the iPhone data. You choose the recovery option, select files to retrieve, and finalize the process.
Apart from recovering files, dr.fone – Data Recovery (iOS) offers various options like changing your phone’s virtual location, making a backup, and transferring files between devices. You can also erase data permanently from your iPhone and fix issues on your phone. Apart from iOS, this program supports both iOS and Android. And it is priced at $59.95 for 1 Year License (Windows Version), $69.95 for a Lifetime License (Windows Version).
Stellar Data Recovery for iPhone
Stellar Data Recovery for iPhone is a specialized iPhone data recovery solution. It offers attractive graphics and a clean layout with a gray/black color combination.
The process is straightforward, and you have the standard three options, which means you can also recover from iCloud and iTunes. You can pick from camera roll photos, install app data, chats and messages, calendar, contacts, etc.
Using the Data Recovery for iPhone software is incredibly simple, but it requires a bit of patience. It takes a lot of time to scan the system, as well as recover the files. The software is fairly reliable, but it is prone to get stuck in the middle of the scanning process. Read Stellar Data Recovery for iPhone Review here.
EaseUS MobiSaver for iOS
MobiSaver is only one in a long line of useful tools that EaseUS designed for Apple’s devices. It has a couple of twists that make it quite useful. For example, the iPhone data recovery software might take a while to scan all data on your device. But as it finds files, you will be able to access them. In case you don’t need them, it is possible to delete them immediately.
The product supports photos, videos, messages, contacts, and other data like notes and bookmarks. The interface is simple, but it looks like the authors didn’t even try the graphics. Read MobiSaver for iOS Review here.
FoneLab iPhone Data Recovery
Aiseesoft is the creator of this software, and its focus was on a user-friendly layout and a variety of accessible features. The iPhone data recovery tool will allow you to recover the system and fix various errors, as well as restore and backup your iPhone. Whether the cause for losing it was accidental deletion, broken screen, or factory reset, this tool can help.
Fonelab iPhone Data Recovery has a clean interface with all features available right away. It takes several clicks to choose the desired backup form, and you can inspect the files located before recovering them.
MiniTool Mobile Recovery for iOS
MiniTool is only the name of the developer, but their Mobile Recovery for iOS is a fairly comprehensive program for retrieving your files. However, the information on their website reveals that it doesn’t support newer devices than iPhone 7 and iOS 10. That indicates that it has been a while since the latest update.
And although the iPhone data recovery tool has all the expected functions, including recovering messages, photos, and other files, this is a big downside to the program. You can’t use MiniTool Mobile Recovery for iOS with the latest iPhones, which is why you might not even want to try this tool. If you do, it will turn out that it is reliable and works quickly.
Leawo iOS Data Recovery
Leawo proudly states that it retrieves 12 different file types, such as MMS & SMS, videos, photos, call history, etc. You can either pick a direct iPhone recovery or choose an iCloud or iTunes backup.
The program features an attractive interface with a beautiful color combination. You can preview files before recovering them, and you get useful information about the file size recovered. The information on the website indicates that the latest devices supported are iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus (not newer than iOS 8).
Enigma iPhone Recovery Software
Enigma iPhone Recovery Software is compatible with both Windows and Mac devices. The installation process is simple, but the trial version is useless since you can only scan and browse data. You need to acquire a license to retrieve files.
The tool supports text and iMesagges, photos, videos, calls, WhatsApp, Viber, Kik, calendar, internet history, notes, and contact retrieval. You can pick from four available formats for retrieving files, including XLS, CSV, PDF, and XML.
It doesn’t take an expert to recover lost data from your iPhone. However, it takes finding the best iPhone data recovery program. We hope that our software reviews made your choice easier. Our team selected the top 10 products, picked favorites, and pointed out the crucial features of these tools.
The good news is that most software offer a free demo version that allows you to try them. Testing them can be an excellent way of confirming the iPhone data recovery tool suits your needs. Feel free to stick to our recommendations and try out selecting the best iPhone file retrieval software mentioned in this article!