We’ve all found ourselves wishing we had the most durable lightning cables at times. As much as many of us love our iPhones, the lightning cables that come from Apple to charge them aren’t always the most robust. These accessories have a habit of splitting, breaking, or simply failing to work after a couple of months of use.
The good news is that there are plenty of third-party alternatives on the market. Today, you can find some of the most durable iPhone cable options on the web, with a low price and various fantastic features. Let’s explore some of the best durable iPhone cable options.
The best durable lightning cable will last a lot longer than your out-of-the-box product from Apple. These high-performance products support regular use with braided cables, stronger connection points, and excellent materials throughout. You can even get a charging cable in your favorite color to show off your style on the move. Here are some of our favorite options:
- Anker iPhone 10-foot charger, is a lengthy iPhone cable that gives you plenty of room to move. This device can last up to 30 times longer than the average cable, withstanding up to 175 lbs. of pressure.
- Syncwire iPhone charger is a convenient and portable charge that’s MFI certified and capable of handling up to 30,000 bends. The Syncwire also has a smart chip to automatically recognize your device.
- AmazonBasics braided cable charger is a reliable and flexible charger that can bend up to 95 degrees 4,000 times without showing damage. There’s also added protection to ensure your wire doesn’t fray.
- Fuze Chicken Titan+ is an eye-catching durable lighting cable that’s MFI certified and equipped with reinforced materials throughout. This product is available in 2 colors and comes with a manufacturer warranty.
Who Should Get This?
Apple has a reputation for creating some of the most innovative smartphones and technology in the world. Unfortunately, the charging cables available for those devices from Apple aren’t always very reliable. Apple lightning cables are notoriously fragile. The cables tend to get damaged no matter how carefully you use them.
If you’ve noticed that your current lightning cable isn’t working as it should, upgrading to one of the most durable iPhone charging cable options could give you a better experience. Third-party lightning cables with a focus on durability are ideal for those who spend a lot of time on the move too. You can bend and twist these cables without causing significant damage.
Even if your current lightning cable still works, it always pays to have an extra one on hand just if something goes wrong.
The Most Durable Lightning Cables for iPhone: What to Consider in 2021
It’s no secret that Apple’s lightning cables aren’t always the most durable products. That’s why there are now dozens of third-party options from other manufacturers that can completely replace your standard Apple charging cable. The most durable lightning cable options come with features to ensure long-term performance, like extra protection around the connection port. You can also get cables in a variety of styles and patterns.
Points to consider when making your choice include:
- Strength: If you’re looking for the best durable iPhone cable, then you need a product you know can stand the test of time. Ensure that the product you choose has undergone stringent testing to make sure it won’t break with regular use.
- Universal compatibility: The best durable lighting cable will also feature “MFI certification”, which means that it’s made specifically for iPhone products. Ensure that your cable will work with any Apple product you want to use.
- Convenient length: Why restrict yourself on length when you can get lighting cables that are much longer than the standard Apple product. More length on the cord means more freedom to move when you’re charging your device.
- Fast charging and sync: When looking for the most durable iPhone charging cable, don’t forget to consider speed. Your product should be able to charge your device just as fast as the standard cable.
- Certified safety: Peace of mind is essential with a crucial piece of tech. Safety features, like excellent quality control and warranties from the manufacturer, are always a bonus.
The Most Durable Lightning Cables for iPhone: Our Picks for 2021
Perfect for those who want more room to move around when charging, the Anker most durable iPhone cable is 10 foot long and strong as can be. This lightning cable lasts up to 30 times stronger than the standard iPhone cable, proven by laboratory testing. It’s one of the strongest cords the company has ever created, and it can even withstand 175 lbs. of pressure.
Available in three different colors, this fantastic charging cable comes with a welcome guide to show you how to use it, and a lifetime warranty for extra peace of mind. It’s also fully compatible with your iPhone, so you don’t have to worry about connection issues.
- Laboratory tested strength (lasts up to 30 times longer)
- Can withstand up to 175 lbs. of pressure
- Lifetime warranty and customer service included
- Excellent for freedom of movement with 10-foot length
- Available in a range of colors
- The cord is a little heavy so that it might fall out of your phone easily
- Might not be the best for portability
Another contender for the title of best durable iPhone cable is the Syncwire 3.3 foot charger. This Apple MFI certified device comes with a proven 30,000 bend lifespan and works with a wide range of iPhone devices. With a patented TPE cover, the Syncwire promises unbeatable durability and strength, capable of withstanding up to 100kg of pressure.
Aside from excellent strength, the Syncwire also provides fantastic speed, with a smart chip that instantly recognizes your device and connects for quick syncing. You can enjoy lightning-fast data transfer and charge with no problem. Plus, this device comes with a 36-month warranty.
- Excellent customer support and a 36-month warranty
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod
- Certified safe with MFI approval and certification
- Speedy sync and charge functionality
- Withstands up to 30,000 bends and 100kg of pressure
- A little short at just 3.3 feet
Available in a selection of colors, AmazonBasics’ attempt at the best durable iPhone cable is a fantastic device with MFI certification. This product connects with and syncs to your phone quickly and easily, with a connector that can easily fit through most cases.
The high-performance copper wires ensure excellent signal quality while simultaneously adding to the strength of the product. The durable nylon fibers offer flexibility and protection. This product underwent stringent testing to ensure that it can bend up to 95 degrees 4,000 times before it begins to show any wear. There’s even added protection on the ends of the cable to reduce fraying.
- Apple MFI certified for peace of mind
- Backed by a 1-year warranty from Amazon Basics
- Tested to bend up to 4,000 times at 95 degrees without damage
- High-quality copper wires to promote better signal and strength
- Complete compatibility with iPhone, iPad, and iPod
- Only 6 feet long
- The cord kinks easily
Fuse Chicken also has one of the best durable lightning cable options around today. The Titan+ is a 1.5-meter charging cord that’s MFI certified for peace of mind. Available in two metallic colors, this is one of the most durable lightning cable options available. It’s an excellent replacement for your standard cord with a thick and reinforced cable.
Although a little heavier than the standard charging cable, the Fuse Chicken Titan+ is a convenient product for those who are sick of replacing their flimsy Apple products. The steel cable and aluminium connector housings will withstand almost anything.
- Durable materials throughout
- Warranty included by Fuse Chicken
- Excellent metallic color options
- Completely MFI certified and compatible with iPhone
- 1.5-meter length
- Very heavy, so it can fall out of your phone easily
Useful Tips and Tricks
Using the most durable lighting cable is a key strategy in making the most of your iPhone. However, even a durable cable needs the right care and maintenance to last. To protect your lightning cable, make sure that you:
- Pull the plug carefully: Don’t just yank on the cord of your cell phone cable to unplug it. Remove the cable carefully by pulling the charge out from the plastic jacket that plugs directly into your iPhone.
- Don’t bend or wrap: Avoid bending your Lightning cables excessively or wrapping them tightly around your phone when not in use. This can cause extra strain on your cables, which makes them more likely to break.
- Keep them clean: Avoid exposing your lightning cables to too much dirt or moisture. It’s particularly important to ensure that the plug component on the cable doesn’t have any dirt in it when you insert it into your iPhone.
The most durable lightning cable is a must-have purchase if your device is always running out of charge. With the right cable, you can juice up your iPhone in minutes and protect your battery from ongoing damage. Plus, having a spare lightning cable means that you’ll always have a solution handy to charge your device when you’re on the move.
Good luck finding the best durable iPhone cable for your needs.