Technology has become an active component of every part of our lives. If you need a reliable device to help you manage your daily activities, how about getting a waterproof smartwatch?
These products are primarily health-oriented and filled with different workouts and activities that help in reaching fitness goals. In this article, we are looking for the best waterproof smartwatches for iPhone in 2020. Whether you want to run in the rain or swim, these products can come in handy. Check out detailed reviews of the top four products we selected below.
- Apple Watch Series 5 is our top choice in this category. Its water resistance features are sufficient to take it when running in the rain or swimming. You can benefit from the compass, GPS, and other useful features, as well as a myriad of apps available in the App Store.
- Huawei Watch GT 2e is another fantastic waterproof smart watch compatible with iPhone. Apart from the 5ATM water resistance, it features an over-sized display that is very visible even in the bright daylight. The product comes with more than 80 different workout modes and activities.
- Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 features impressive durability, and that includes a water resistance rating. The product comes in three different color variations, and its advanced health monitoring is excellent for all healthy lifestyle fans.
- Willful Smart Watch for Android Phones and iOS features an IP68 waterproof rating, which should meet the needs of most users. The product has a simple design, and you can choose between various color combinations.
Who Should Get This?
Here are some users that could benefit the most from a waterproof smartwatch for iPhone:
- Swimmers – whether you are a professional or spend a lot of time in the water, you will appreciate a smartwatch you can rely on while swimming.
- Divers – you will need to look for a bit higher waterproof rating, but you can also benefit from these products for diving purposes.
- Fishermen – it is possible to use the watch to track your location, weather, and take advantage of other useful tools.
- Active lifestyle fans – are you trying to lead a healthier lifestyle, and need something to monitor your activities? Or you want a reliable app that you can count on for tracking your workouts? Smartwatches are filled with fitness-friendly activities that will help you to reach your exercise goals.
Best Waterproof Smartwatches for iPhone: What to Consider in 2020
What should you consider when choosing the best waterproof smartwatches for iPhone? Our experts singled these as the most important features that these devices should have.
Water Resistance Rating
The first thing you want to check is how waterproof your watch is. For example, the standard water resistance rating is usually around IP68. These devices can be submerged up to 4.5 feet. Even if you choose a watch with an IP67 rating, you can submerge it up to three feet.
You can also go for higher ratings, such as 5ATMs. These can be submerged to approximately 150 feet, which can be convenient for divers.
If you are a fan of a healthy lifestyle, you will appreciate fitness-friendly functions. Everything starts with the basic app that tracks your activities. You can pick from swimming, diving, walking, and any other activities and monitor them with this device.
A waterproof smartwatch for iPhone could also feature heart rate monitoring and other functions tailored to help you achieve your fitness goals.
When it comes to design, you want to consider the display size first. Some people prefer over-sized displays of at least 42mm, while others are more fond of 30mm and other average-sized devices.
Some manufacturers also allow you to pick from different color combinations. Apart from straps, you might also change the watch face by adjusting it in the settings.
Finally, you want to make sure that your product is compatible with iOS. Many smartwatches are now compatible with both major mobile phone operating systems. You can maximize compatibility by picking an official product made by Apple.
As for connectivity, your waterproof smartwatch might use Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, or both to connect to the iPhone. The connection should be reliable at all times.
Best Waterproof Smartwatches for iPhone: Our Picks for 2020
If you want a waterproof smart watch compatible with iPhone, this is a product designed by the same manufacturer. Apple Watch Series 5 features a decent water resistance rating, and you can take it on different activities. That includes swimming, running in the rain, etc.
The product comes with a built-in GPS and compass, which will help with pinpointing the exact location wherever you are. It has a myriad of functions focused on tracking your activity, such as electrical and optical heart sensors. You can always visit the App Store to install additional apps and maximize the experience of using this product.
What We Like:
- The always-on display is a convenient addition.
- Integrated compass and GPS to determine your location.
- Excellent for achieving fitness objectives and monitoring physical activity.
- The app store is filled with useful apps.
What We Dislike:
- The battery life could be better since you might need to charge the device every day.
- You might need a case or protector to keep the screen safe from scratches.
Huawei Watch GT 2e is a waterproof smartwatch for iPhone and Android. The water resistance rating is 5ATM, which should fit the needs of most users.
The product is designed for active users and athletes, and it can keep fitness data for two weeks. That is also how long the battery will last with standard use. You can pick between over 80 activities and custom workout modes while using the heart rate tracker for monitoring your condition.
You will notice an over-sized display with a 46mm diameter. The great thing about it is the visibility, which makes it great for use during the sunny days. You won’t have any problems seeing what is written on display regardless of the lighting conditions.
What We Like:
- Long-lasting battery life will ensure you don’t have to charge the device often.
- Fantastic design and three different colors available.
- Excellent visibility under the sunlight makes it great for daily use.
- A large display is great for those who like over-sized watches.
What We Dislike:
- Those with skinny wrists might find the product a bit loose.
- This model doesn’t support NFC payments.
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 is the flagship product of this company from South Korea. It comes with an admirable water-resistance with a rating of 5ATM and IP68. According to the manufacturer, that means you can submerge it into water up to 50 meters (17 feet). Although that is impressive, you should still avoid using it for scuba diving, and rinse it with fresh water after swimming in the sea or pool.
The durability is impressive, and the product is great for everyone who wants to monitor their everyday activities. From workouts to heart rate monitoring and other statistics, this can play an important role in achieving maintaining optimal health.
Samsung Galaxy Watch is filled with useful apps and functions. The GPS feature will help you to determine the location at any time. You can pick between three color variations and two sizes, as well as thousands of different watch faces.
What We Like:
- Three different color combinations are available.
- Strong construction and durable design with an admirable water-resistance rating.
- Advanced health monitoring is great for healthy lifestyle fans.
- The instruction manual is very helpful for beginners.
What We Dislike:
- It might struggle with monitoring your heart rate regularly.
- The battery might not last long if you use higher brightness settings.
Willful waterproof smart watch compatible with iPhone comes with an IP68 water resistance rating. While that is not as high as some similar units, you will find that you can swim in the pool and run in the rain without any performance problems.
The device features seven different color variations and classic design. The available modes will have all the fans of active lifestyle covered. You can choose from activities like running and hiking to yoga and walking.
You will find a compatible app that can be connected to the watch. The product includes a GPS, as well as basic functions like stopwatch, alarm clock, timer, etc.
What We Like:
- IP68 waterproof rating that allows you to use it while swimming.
- The price tag is affordable when compared to similar units.
- A simplistic design and seven different color combinations available.
- It includes nine sports modes ranging from yoga to mountaineering.
What We Dislike:
- Bluetooth connection is not that stable, and it might disconnect occasionally.
- Heart rate monitoring can be inaccurate in some cases.
Useful Tips and Tricks
Is it your first time using a waterproof smartwatch for iPhone? If you are a beginner, you can check out these tips offered by Wareable. They were written for Apple Watch, but the odds are you will find many useful tips that can work with other units on our list.
If you want to maximize the user experience with Apple Watch, you can consider these apps recommended by Macworld. The list ranges from meal logging apps to timer and similar tools.
Have you already picked the best waterproof smartwatch for iPhone? Our experts singled out products that will fit the needs of both beginners and experienced users. You should aim for a watch that delivers top performance, but don’t forget about aesthetics. Ensuring that you can use it while in the water is just a bonus that will round up the deal and secure that you get the most value for money!