Mobile phone cameras have never been this powerful. Newer iPhone models support 4K and HD videos, and the footage quality is impressive. The best videos should also feature maximum stability, and that’s impossible to achieve when holding the phone in your hands.
We analyzed the market and looked for the best video rig for iPhone available in 2022. Our team singled out four products and reviewed them to the smallest detail. Keep reading to discover top units at the moment and pick your favorite!
- ULANZI U Rig Pro is an iPhone filming rig that is lightweight and easy to carry. The three cold shoe mounts ensure the required stability, and the unit features excellent compatibility with the latest iPhone models. The product is safe while in the rig, and it is suitable for vloggers, YouTubers, and other professional and amateur users.
- Movo VXR10+ Smartphone Video Rig has an impressive maximum height, and the legs are stable and adjustable. The aluminum alloy used for the base is durable and long-lasting. You can use the furry windscreen to ensure optimal sound isolation.
- Dreamgrip Evolution 2020 Pro is a long-lasting and durable product that can be a long-term investment. It has excellent compatibility that supports all iPhone models out there. You can set different adjustments for shooting in different conditions.
- Smartphone Video Rig Kit PULUZ supports both AA batteries and lithium battery power input. It is easy to mount and disassemble the product and connect various devices for top-quality sound. Apart from optimal stability, you can operate it effortlessly.
Who Should Get a Video Rig?
If you are shooting videos with your phone frequently, you can benefit from the iPhone camera rig.
Here are some situations when you could use this product:
- YouTubers: If you are creating content for YouTube, you want stable footage with high-quality sound, and that is something a rig can secure.
- Vloggers: Anyone making a vlog can benefit from using advanced shooting equipment. Apart from interesting content, it is the best way to stand out from the competition.
- Journalists: Whether you are shooting interviews or creating other video content, you can benefit from finding the best iPhone camera rig.
- Amateur looking for superb video quality: You might have a special event, and you want excellent video quality. Perhaps you are going on a trip and want memorable footage from the journey. As long as you want the highest video stability and sound quality, using filming ribs can be convenient.
Best Video Rig for iPhone: What to Consider in 2022
Are you wondering how we picked the best iPhone video rig? These are the factors we considered when selecting the top four units!
There is no point in finding the best iPhone camera rig if it’s not compatible with your device. That is why you want to confirm compatibility first. Most manufacturers will mention the width or the diameter of the screen their product is compatible with, so make sure to check that first. It should be enough for the rig to support up to 3.5 inches width of the screen to ensure it fits most iPhone models without a case.
The primary requirement you have from an iPhone rig is that it provides the required stability. Most products will come with three cold shoe mounts to ensure that the rig remains stable at all times. It is important that the phone remains safe in the bracket designed for the device.
The majority of iPhone rigs allow connecting microphones to various devices. That increases the sound quality, and you might even add a windscreen to the mic for better sound isolation. If you are shooting content for YouTube or vlog, the sound is equally important as the video. That is why you shouldn’t hesitate to ensure the desired product can deliver optimal audio quality.
The durability will largely depend on material selection and quality. You will often find superb aluminum alloy used for the base. It is a great choice because it ensures the desired stability, and it can last for a long time. Most rigs also contain plastic components, but they should also be of decent quality.
Best Video Rig for iPhone: Our Picks for 2022
The primary task of the best iPhone video rig is to ensure necessary stability at all times. That is where ULANZI U Rig Pro meets and exceeds all expectations. The product comes with three cold shoe mounts, and it can hold any phone securely. You might need to remove the case when accommodating larger phones, but the rig will keep them safe.
The unit is lightweight and easy to move around. You get additional lightning to secure the necessary illumination, which is a nice touch. That contributes to versatility and ensures the rig is suitable for various users.
You will find that ULANZI U Rig Pro is among the top stabilizers in the market. Even if you are a professional filmmaker, you will be happy with the results that this video rig provides.
What We Like:
- It is lightweight and easy to move around.
- Three cold shoe mounts ensure optimal stability at all times.
- A versatile and long-lasting product that is a true long-term investment.
- It is capable of shooting both vertically and horizontally.
What We Dislike:
- Some components are made of thin plastic, which is why you should be careful not to break them when mounting the phone.
- It’s not easy to fit larger phone models without having to remove the case.
Movo designed a product that comes close to being the best iPhone camera rig out there. The product includes a phone grip, an external microphone, and a tripod. You will find the compatibility is impressive since this rig is compatible with the latest and older iPhone models.
The manufacturer used high-quality materials for the tripod. You can adjust the base, and it will ensure to keep the phone stable while you are shooting. The additional light is available as an extra accessory, and the sound isolation could be better. While the windscreen does an okay job of isolating sound, you can still hear some noise when playing the video.
Movo VXR10+ is a smart long-term investment. It will last for a long time and deliver consistent performance. However, please note that you might need additional adapters to ensure the mic is compatible with the latest iPhone editions.
What We Like:
- The legs are adjustable, and the maximum height ensures versatile use.
- The durable and long-lasting aluminum alloy is used for the tripod.
- The furry windscreen adds to the aesthetics of the unit.
- Excellent choice for vlogging, using for Tik Tok, YouTube, and other streaming services.
What We Dislike:
- The microphone needs additional adapters to work with newer iPhone models.
- It seems that sound isolation could be better.
Dreamgrip Evolution 2020 Pro is a premium iPhone filming rig for various properties. It is suitable for journalists conducting interviews, YouTubers, Vloggers, etc. The product is compatible with all phone models out there, and it is easy to fit them in the adjustable bracket.
It is easy to find a setup that suits your custom requirements. The light will help you illuminate the shooting space, but it isn’t adjustable. You can only use it at the angle pointing forward.
The rig is surprisingly portable, and the adjustable shoulder strap is convenient for carrying it around. You get a protection bag, which extends the overall unit’s longevity. The product’s price tag is a bit higher than usual, but it is worth the money.
What We Like:
- A durable and long-lasting product.
- Excellent compatibility that supports all iPhone models out there.
- Easy to adjust the settings to shoot in different conditions.
- It comes with an adjustable shoulder strap for carrying around.
What We Dislike:
- The lights are fixed and can only point forward.
- A higher price tag compared to similar units.
Here is another iPhone video rig compatible with all models that have a screen diameter no bigger than seven inches. The three legs ensure to provide the necessary stability in all situations. That is important for filmmakers and anyone else who wants to film stable footage without encountering any shakiness problems.
You will find Smartphone Video Rig Kit PULUZ easy to assemble and carry around. Its compact design makes it portable, while support for various devices ensures perfect sound. You can connect everything from DSLR cameras to laptops and phones. The mini LED light ensures you illuminate the environment optimally.
The product supports AA batteries, and you will need four of them to operate the unit. It is also possible to use lithium battery power input. The only downside is that you might need to remove the case if you want to use the rig with larger phones.
What We Like:
- Impressive stability ensures you can operate it effortlessly.
- It supports AA batteries and lithium battery power input.
- Easy to assemble and disassemble the product.
- You can connect various devices for top-quality sound.
What We Dislike:
- A separate sound connector is necessary to use with newer iPhone models.
- The overall quality could be better.
Useful Tips and Tricks
Are you only entering the professional waters of filmmaking? Whether you want to publish a video on YouTube or create the best footage for a private archive, these tips from TechRadar can help. They will reveal how to shoot a more stable and better video overall.
If you don’t have enough experience with the iPhone camera, check out these expert tricks to learn how to shoot better photos. The article covers all the basics of iPhone photography and can be useful for beginners and experienced users.
You might also check these apps that will take the quality of your photos to the next level. The list covers everything from filtering and editing to adding different effects.
If you are serious about shooting videos with your phone, you will need the best iPhone camera rig out there. It is not easy to find a suitable unit among so many products available, but we hope that our reviews helped. The critical thing to look for is the required stability and the accessories you need for a particular type of shooting. Your primary consideration is what you expect from the rig – if the product meets those features, that will be the best stabilizer for you!