The best selfie light for iPhone users is a must-have accessory if you want to snap the perfect picture. Getting just the right amount of light to showcase your best features is easier said than done in most cases. However, with an iPhone selfie light, you can take full advantage of your device’s camera. Whether you’re shopping for the iPhone 11, 12, X, or any other, a great light could transform your experience in all the right ways.
Selfie lights brighten the area around your camera to reduce your risk of grainy, shadowy, or unflattering pictures. The question is, how do you make sure you’re buying the right selfie light for your iPhone?
The best selfie ring light for iPhone is a small accessory that you can attach to your device. Some of these products are more advanced than others, featuring extra elements like tripods or different lighting colors. However, any iPhone selfie light is sure to deliver a better picture for Instagram, social media, or your personal gallery. Our favorite options include:
- UBeeSize selfie light is excellent for streaming and taking photos. There are three illumination options and a rotatable phone holder, great for capturing horizontal and vertical video. You also get a handy tripod stand.
- XINBAOHONG selfie ring light is a convenient light that can snap onto your iPhone in seconds. This portable device is great for life on the move, and it’s easy to use too. A unique design ensures light distributes evenly throughout your shots.
- UBeeSize 10-inch selfie light is great for a professional picture or video experience. There are up to 33 lighting options, and a durable tripod included, extending up to 50 inches.
- GVM 600S lighting kit is the perfect tool for high-quality videos, with a set of 6 detachable bar lights to help focus your illumination in the right area. There’s also a range of lighting temperatures to choose from.
Who Should Get a Selfie Light for iPhone?
If you’re a social media fanatic, or you’re constantly snapping photos, then the best selfie light for iPhone is a must-have accessory. There’s only so much you can do with the natural light and bulbs you have in your room. An iPhone selfie light ensures that you always have the best illumination for a great pic – indoors or out.
Selfie lights are growing particularly popular among influencers these days, as they can add a professional edge to your Instagram pics. They’re also fantastic for makeup artists that want to showcase their skills with phone recordings, while avoiding unnecessary grainy elements and dullness.
Whether you’re just the kind of person who likes to strike a pose regularly, or you’re trying to improve your YouTube or Instagram Live career with better videos, an iPhone selfie light can help. All you need to do is decide which kind of light is right for you.
Best Selfie Light for iPhone: What to Consider in 2020
The best selfie ring light for iPhone isn’t a one-size-fits-all product. Some people will want lights that they can use to capture video professionally, while others will want something that just clips onto their phone for a quick pic. Here are some points to consider when you’re shopping for the most effective light:
- Brightness: The best selfie light for iPhone is likely to be one that allows you to adjust the brightness according to your needs. A dimmable bulb that switches between warm and cold colors for lighting will help you find the most flattering conditions for images and videos.
- Design: While some iPhone selfie light products clip onto your phone, others come with a phone holder attached to a tripod. If you’re recording video, a phone holder that’s rotatable will be a must-have.
- Power: How is your iPhone light going to get the power it needs to light up? Some options will plug directly into your iPhone, while others are rechargeable and work separately from your device. Make sure you know how long the battery will last on your light.
- Ease of use: The best selfie ring light for iPhone needs to be easy to use. Ensure that you’re comfortable setting your new accessory up and making your videos or pictures look incredible. Many devices are plug and play, with only one or two buttons to press.
- Extra features: Aside from things like adjustable tripods, some selfie lights also come with extra features, like a Bluetooth remote so you can control your lighting from a distance. You might even find products that come with their own storage cases so you can take your device on the move.
Best Selfie Light for iPhone: Our Picks for 2020
One of the best selfie light for iPhone options for those who want to take professional pictures and videos, the UBeeSize product has it all. This isn’t just a selfie ring light; it’s also a tripod stand with a cell phone holder, ideal for live-streaming. Compatible with the iPhone XS and XR, among a range of other models, this light comes with 3 illumination options, from warm to cool.
The upgraded tripod stand can extend to suit your needs, and the phone holder is rotatable, so you can get the horizontal or vertical video that’s right for you. This iPhone selfie light is USB powered, and comes with a 3-year replacement service for peace of mind. One slight downside is that it can be a little unstable if you fully extend the tripod.
- 3 light colors to choose from
- USB powered
- Extendable tripod for excellent streaming support
- Rotatable phone holder
- 3-year replacement service
- A little unbalanced when fully extended
If you’re looking for the best selfie ring light for iPhone that can simply clip onto your device, the XINBAOHONG light could be perfect for you. Featuring three-color lighting modes to choose from to suit your preferred brightness level, this product also comes with a unique design that helps to distribute light evenly for a more professional picture.
This iPhone selfie light is rechargeable, with a USB cord included, so you don’t have to spend a fortune on extra batteries. Compact and portable, you can take this device wherever you go, and it fits with any iPhone. You can even use the same light on your laptop’s webcam.
- High diffusion light for even distribution
- 3 lighting modes to choose from
- Clips onto any iPhone and a range of other devices
- Rechargeable with USB cord included
- Excellent portable design
- Can begin to dim after regular use
- Only lasts around an hour or so on a full charge
For a truly professional image, you can’t go wrong with the UBeesize 10-inch selfie light and tripod. Combining a ten-inch light with an adjustable tripod that can extend up to 50 inches, this product has it all. More than just your basic iPhone selfie light, this product comes with 33 lighting options in total, thanks to 3 light colors and 11 brightness levels for each.
The 3-way pan phone holder allows you to adjust your phone to the angle that suits you, for the best possible focus. You can also use this ring light with a Bluetooth remote, so you can make adjustments to your lighting from a distance when streaming or taking photos. This device is USB powered for easy access to energy anywhere.
- Bluetooth remote control included
- 3-year warranty for extra peace of mind
- Excellent range of lighting angles with a 3-way pan head
- 15-50 Inch extendable tripod
- 10-inch ring light with up to 33 lighting options
- Not very portable
Finally, if you need the best selfie light for iPhone to improve your video sessions, then the GVM 600S LED solution could be perfect for you. This unique video light is available to use either as a ring light or a professional piece of video equipment. There are detachable light bars to increase light projection in a certain direction.
With a detachable power cord and a range of lighting options, this is one of the most versatile iPhone selfie light options on the market. The dimmable ring light can switch between different color temperatures with various professional settings to suit your needs. The device also comes with a sturdy tripod that can extend between 32 and 87 inches.
- Professional lighting color adjustments
- Excellent high-performance illumination
- Detachable light bars to focus illumination in a specific direction
- Extendable sturdy tripod
- Storage bag included
- Ring light may be too small on its own
- Only two light wands can be used wirelessly
Useful Tips and Tricks
To get the most out of the best selfie light for iPhone users, make sure you refer to the instructions included with your ring light. You may need to attach the light to a tripod, or it may clip directly to your phone. Remember to:
- Place the tripod on a sturdy surface if you’re using one and adjust the height to direct the light in the way that’s most flattering to you.
- Ensure that your smartphone is properly fitted to any holders that come with the device to prevent unnecessary damage.
- Open your selfie or camera app to test the view and ensure your lighting looks good before you start snapping photos or streaming video.
- Adjust the brightness to different temperature levels to see what works well for you. Cold light looks more clinical, while warm light is a lot softer.
When taking your selfies, make sure you’re comfortable with the front-facing camera. Look at the lens of the camera, not the surrounding light, and consider using self-timer and burst mode to grab multiple pictures at once. If you’re not using a tripod, hold your phone with two hands to reduce shaking.
The best selfie light for iPhone is an excellent accessory for people from all backgrounds. If you’re grabbing professional-looking video or snapping high-quality selfies for Instagram, then you’re sure to appreciate these amazing products. Good luck finding the iPhone selfie light that’s right for you!