Why would you take a camera with you when you can use the integrated iPhone camera to take beautiful pictures of yourself and the surroundings? The latest Apple devices are incredibly powerful and deliver amazing photos. While you are there, how about printing them to get a physical copy of the image?
The best photo printer for iPhone 11 allows you to show off with the unique pictures you took, as well as keep memories of your trips. Our experts selected the top four printer products and reviewed them below. Don’t hesitate to take a look to find the most suitable unit for your needs.
- Canon SELPHY CP1300 Wireless Compact Photo Printer comes with an LCD screen and controls that make it simple to select and print photos. Additionally, the print quality will be above all expectations for a portable device.
- Kodak Dock & Wi-Fi Portable 4×6” Instant Photo Printer uses ink cartridges for optimal image quality. The manufacturer designed a versatile app that allows adding different filters, stickers, and performing other adjustments.
- HP Sprocket Portable Photo Printer (2nd Edition) allows you to connect multiple devices at the same time, which is great for families. The device prints 2×3 pictures, and its design is very compact.
- Fujifilm Instax Mini Link Smartphone Printer is lightweight and easy to carry around. You can add filters to photos, as well as reprint them by pressing a single button.
Who Should Get This?
There are multiple reasons why you would need a printer for iPhone 11. If photography is your hobby, your phone might be among the devices you use for taking pictures. A printer secures a way to print them at the spot, while the excitement about the photo is at its highest.
Are you hanging out with your friends or cousins for the first time in a while? You want to remember that moment, and printing a photo is the perfect way for everyone to have a memory of your meeting. You can also consider printing photos to add them to hobby projects, or even a portfolio of your work.
Best Photo Printer for iPhone 11: What to Consider in 2020
There is no one-size-fits-all formula for the best photo printer for iPhone 11 or other latest phone models designed by Apple. You can find the most suitable product for your needs by focusing on the following factors.
How to Connect Your Phone to a Photo Printer
Most photo printers will offer multiple ways of connecting your device. These might include:
- Wireless connection – you use a Wi-Fi network to establish a connection between the phone and the printer.
- Bluetooth – a convenient and stable way of maintaining a strong connection wherever you are.
- USB – using a USB or another cable is another way of establishing a stable connection.
What Technology Does It Use for Printing?
You will find two most common approaches for printing on the go – using ink cartridges or an activated instant film. Ink cartridges require photo paper for printing, and you will need to refill them occasionally. A single cartridge can last anywhere from 10 to 150 photos.
Alternatively, an instant film requires patience to see the photo. More often than not, a picture will appear after 60-90 seconds.
Other Factors to Consider
Here are some other things you can consider when choosing a photo printer for your iPhone:
- Size and weight – these products are usually light, but the size can be different. Think about how you plan to carry them around and choose accordingly.
- Photo dimensions – depending on the device, you can print 2×3, 4×6, or similar small-sized photos.
- App – does the device come with a dedicated app? If that is the case, it might offer filters, stickers, and other useful editing options.
Best Photo Printer for iPhone 11: Our Picks for 2020
Canon SELPHY CP 1300 is probably the best printer for iPhone 11 that you can find these days. It is compatible with the latest Apple devices, and it allows both wireless and USB connections. However, some advanced features are only available via USB.
Once you connect the phone, you can browse the photos to select which to print. The LCD screen is big enough, and the controls make it easy to pick the desired images.
The printing is not the fastest, but you will be impressed with the image quality. You can insert papers that are of postcard size, and crisp and clean colors will exceed all your expectations.
What We Like
- Impressive print resolution and photo quality for a small and portable device.
- You can print directly from your iPhone by using a wireless connection.
- The control buttons at the top of the device make it easy to adjust the desired settings.
- It features an LCD screen that makes it easy to select the desired photos.
What We Dislike
- It is not the fastest printer out there – a single picture will take around a minute.
- Some advanced features are only available if you connect the phone via USB.
Kodak Dock & Wi-Fi Instant Photo Printer isn’t that small, but that is because it is capable of printing 4×6” photos, which is decent for a portable unit.
It uses cartridges with ink, but you don’t have to worry about the mess. Thanks to D2T2 technology, there is no risk of spilling the ink. However, you will need to be ready for cartridge changes, especially if you use the printer frequently.
Kodak app is a bit prone to crashing, but it offers plenty of options. That includes a collage maker, card templates, stickers, filters, and other adjustments. The variety of ports provided increases the versatility of the product.
What We Like
- The quality of the photos is fantastic, and it will be similar to printing with professional-grade printing.
- You can print directly from your phone, or use USB and Micro USB ports.
- The printer doubles as a mobile phone charger and can charge two devices at once.
- You will get numerous filters, collage options, and stickers in the dedicated Kodak app.
What We Dislike
- An occasional crash might happen in the app, which means you have to start it again.
- The ink isn’t particularly durable, and you will need to refill it frequently.
HP is a reputable brand, and we expected a lot from their Sprocket printer for iPhone 11. They managed to keep the product’s size as small as possible. Its design is beautiful, and it will fit perfectly in your makeup purse or backpack. You will even get a special photo paper to print ten images for free.
The device utilizes zink technology, and prints only small 2×3 photos. Based on the testing, the quality of photos is not that impressive, but it is still decent.
HP Sprocket Portable Photo Printer comes with a dedicated app. You can use Bluetooth to connect multiple devices to a single printer. The light will inform you who photo is currently printing, which is convenient.
What We Like
- Connecting multiple devices is an option, which means multiple people can use the printer at the same time.
- A dedicated app to customize photo albums and share them with friends.
- You will purchase the product with ten sheets of paper included.
- The Bluetooth connection remains connected so that you can print photos quickly.
What We Dislike
- Not suitable for those who want to print photos larger than 2×3 inches.
- The color quality of human faces might not be impressive unless you take a perfect photo.
Fujifilm designed a unique photo printer for Apple iPhone 11 and similar models. For starters, it is small and lightweight. The device will print compact-sized images, and their quality will be impressive.
Connecting the printer is not the easiest job, especially since you need to download a dedicated Mini Link app for printing. The good news is that the printing itself is fast because it will take less than two minutes to print and develop a photo.
The accompanying app works flawlessly and features Print and Fun modes. The latter allows you to experiment with filters and frames, and even print the photo with a random filter.
What We Like
- It uses Bluetooth to connect to the device, and the connection is reliable.
- Extremely lightweight and compact-sized, which makes it suitable to carry in a pocket or purse.
- The app is reliable and allows adding frames and filters to your photos.
- You can reprint the photo by pressing a single button on the device.
What We Dislike
- The film might be costly, which affects the price you pay per photograph.
- It will take some time to connect the printer, especially the first time you use it.
Useful Tips and Tricks
Before printing a picture, the experts recommend editing it in the integrated Photos app or alternative tools. Even the best photo printer for iPhone 11 will deliver better photos if you edit them first. You can check this guide published by iPhone Photography School to reveal how to make simple changes to improve your images.
While the built-in Photos app is useful, there are other tools that can help you to edit pictures, too. You don’t have to pay a single cent for these apps – check out their list here and pick your favorite.
Finding the best printer for iPhone 11 starts with establishing your requirements. That is why you should consider the desired photo dimensions, but also the size and design of the printer itself. Don’t forget to ensure that the device is compatible with your iPhone. The products presented in this article will work perfectly with regular, but also iPhone 11 Pro and Pro Max, which means you can focus on picking your favorite!