The best gimbal for iPhone 11 can turn you into a videographer in no time.
These days, you don’t need a specialist camera to create amazing videos. The state-of-the-art iPhone 11 delivers incredible video quality and editing capabilities for creators.
Unfortunately, there’s more to capturing great footage than most people realize. Without the right accessories, you can quickly end up with jerky images.
An iPhone 11 gimbal is a mechanical stabilizer that uses rotation axes to keep cameras steady. The best gimbal for iPhone 11 is a must-have for creating professional videos.
Today, we’re going to help you find the right gimbal for your needs.
The iPhone 11 is an incredible piece of machinery, offering high-tech features, smooth performance, and fantastic image quality for video and photography lovers. However, like any smartphone, it suffers from some instability when powered by the human hand. Gimbals give you the stability you need to create smoother videos. Here are some of our top choices:
- The DJI Osmo Mobile 3 Combo is a convenient iPhone 11 gimbal with 3-axis support. You can shoot content using panoramic video, gesture-control, slow motion, and more. There’s even a selection of accessories included with this product, including a pouch and tripod.
- The Hohem 3-axis Gimbal is great for rotating your phone up to 360 degrees virtually during filming. You can access a great sports mode for outdoor activities and an app for beauty retouching, slow-motion, and more.
- The Zhiyun Smooth 4 iPhone Gimbal makes it easy to switch between different shooting modes with an integrated control panel. This easy-to-use device comes with tons of great features and a battery that lasts up to 12 hours.
Who Should Get This?
iPhone cameras have evolved rapidly in the fast few years. The iPhone 11 has one of the best cameras in the world for mobile users. These smartphones can produce an incredible 60 frames-per-second video with a maximum resolution of anywhere up to 4k.
The best iPhone 11 gimbal makes it easier for would-be creators to start working on their skills. However, when you’re relying on a mobile device to capture content, stability sometimes suffers.
With a gimbal for iPhone 11, you can improve the quality of your videos, create stunning films, and discover the true potential of your phone’s camera. What’s more, it’s easier to get your hands on a high-quality gimbal today than you might think.
Best gimbal for iPhone 11: What to Consider in 2020
Smartphone gimbals are available in a wide range of shapes and sizes.
Today, we’re specifically looking at the best iPhone gimbal for iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11, and the Pro Max. Although the features you need from your gimbal will depend on your requirements and preferences, a few points to consider include:
- Axis options: The 3-axis gimbal provides a better quality of stabilization than the two-axis gimbal because it handles the roll (sideways) pitch (up and down) and yaw (right and left) axes. 2-axis options ignore the yaw.
- Accessibility: A fantastic gimbal needs to be easy to use. The ideal product will be simple to set up and may come with an instruction booklet to guide you through some of the functional elements. If the gimbal needs adjusting, making changes should be straightforward.
- Autonomous modes: Some gimbals come with access to pre-programmed shooting modes, like time-lapse, zooms, and similar. This makes it easier to maintain a high-quality visual throughout your film.
- Comfort: Whether you prefer a few buttons or plenty on your gimbal’s handle, every button should be easy to use and responsive. Check for a device that feels comfortable to use and doesn’t have much of a learning curve.
- Portability: Smartphones like the iPhone 11 make it easier to capture video on the move. A portable gimbal means that you can keep your accessories with you wherever you go. Many products come with foldable designs and carry pouches.
- Battery life: A longer battery life is always a good investment, because it means you’re less likely to run out of charge mid-shoot. Some devices might include extra batteries or a charging port where you can power up your phone.
Best Gimbal for iPhone 11: Our Picks for 2020
The DJI Osmo 3-axis gimbal for iPhone 11 is a convenient and easy-to-use stabilizer for vloggers and video creators. The foldable design makes it easy to take your accessories with you on the move. With 3 axis of control, you can also enjoy a higher level of support than you’d typically get with a 2-axis design. The Osmo mobile also features a variety of convenient functions.
You can shoot content with built-in gesture control, panorama video, slow motion, hyper-lapse, time-lapse, and sport mode. There’s Dolly Zoom support and story mode too. The Osmo works with the iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and the iPhone 11 Pro Max, among a range of other devices. This kit also comes with a tripod, carrying case, a storage pouch, wrist-strap, and 4 anti-slip pads.
- Lots of great accessories included
- Functions like gesture control and dolly zoom
- Compatible with all iPhone 11 models
- Lightweight and foldable for portability
- Easy to use with tactile controls
- No instructions included for setup
- Not the best smartphone app
Available from the Hohem store, this 3-Axis Gimbal stabilizer for iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and the Pro Max is great for YouTube creators, live video lovers, and more. The advanced model comes with a 3D mode that allows you to vertically rotate your phone up to 360-degrees while filming.
There’s an updated sports mode for use when you’re running, cycling, or traveling over rocky terrain. The high-performance motor avoids issues with axis overlap and enhances low angle shooting too. There’s support for various useful features like pan, tilt, zoom, and focus. The Hohem gimbal for iPhone 11 also comes with access to a convenient app with beauty retouching and other convenient features.
- 3D inception mode with 360-degree rotation
- 3-axis control for complete stability
- Access to various modes through the Hohem app, including slow-motion
- Zoom, focus, tilt, all-lock, and pan control
- Up to 12-hour time lapse running time
- No support to connect an external mic
- Software is difficult to set up
The Zhiyun Smooth 3 3-axis iPhone 11 gimbal is an excellent all-in-one device for the iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max. The product comes with an integrated control panel and trigger button to help you switch easily between different modes. There are a Focus Pull and Zoom capability as well as advanced options like time-lapse.
The Smooth 4 can respond to movements instantly, without delay, with functions like object tracking available. Unlike most gimbals, the Smooth can also run for 12 hours at a time, with a battery indicator that shows you how much time is left.
- 12-hour runtime
- Focus pull and zoom capabilities
- Phone Go for instant scene transition support
- Two-way charging functionality
- Time-lapse and object tracking performance
- Difficult to use at first
- Not the most intuitive app
Useful Tips and Tricks
After you find the best gimbal for iPhone 11 users, the next step is figuring out how to use this tool usefully. There are plenty of videos that show you how a gimbal works, and some of the devices available will come with an instructional video you can access through the app.
When using your iPhone 11 gimbal, remember:
- Keep an eye on the movement: Remember that running, walking, and jumping can impact the image in your video. Make sure that you pay attention to the visual and how it looks when you’re engaging in different activities.
- Invert when possible: Some experts recommend inverting the gimbal when you can. Because of the product design and the strain on the operator’s body, it’s easier to hold the device near your waist or chest, with the gimbal underneath the handle.
- Balance your gimbal: Practice properly balancing your gimbal to ensure that you get the best results out of your setup. If a gimbal isn’t balanced correctly, it harms your video quality and may drain your battery faster.
A great iPhone 11 gimbal is a fantastic way to take your video skills to the next level. With these handy stabilization devices, you can create amazing films without any unnecessary wobbling. Gimbals may even help you to protect your device by giving you better control over the phone when you’re filming.