Could the best fitness tracker watch compatible with iPhone devices help you change your life? Many smartwatch fans believe the answer is “Yes!”. After all, the more you know about your daily activity, and how many calories you’re burning, the more progress you can make.
Fortunately, you don’t need to rely exclusively on the Apple watch if you want a fitness tracker compatible with iPhone. While Apple’s wearables sync perfectly with the iPhone, there are plenty of third-party options that work well too.
Here’s your guide to the best fitness tracker for iPhone options.
A fitness tracker compatible with iPhone devices gives you access to tons of fantastic information. The right device will track everything from how many calories you burn when you go running, to how many steps you take each day.
Many of the best fitness tracker for iOS solutions also come with other functionality, like the option to see your text messages on your wrist instantly. Some of our favorite picks include:
- Fitbit Charge 2 is an excellent option for those who want a stylish way to track their health. You can monitor your heart rate, check calorie burn, and connect to GPS.
- Samsung Gear Fit2 Pro delivers handy fitness information wherever you go. You can even use this device in the pool, with water resistance of up to 50 meters.
- Apple Watch Series 5 is excellent if you’re looking for a smart watch and fitness tracker in one. It comes with dozens of amazing apps to access, including an ECG monitor.
- Fitbit Zip Wireless is great if you’re looking for an alternative to a fitness watch. This device can hang on your backpack and track your movement.
Who Should Get This?
Fitness trackers are popular accessories for all kinds of people. You don’t have to be an athlete, or in training to benefit from the best activity tracker with iPhone access. A good fitness tracker provides a host of benefits, including the option to access guided workouts.
The best fitness tracker watch compatible with iPhone will help you to improve your output and results when you’re running, swimming, cycling, or engaging in any other activity. Fitness trackers also help you to understand your current fitness level and any issues you might have.
Whether you’re looking for a tool to help you keep track of your workouts, or detect irregular heart rhythms, a fitness tracker can help.
Best Fitness Tracker Watch Compatible with iPhone: What to Consider in 2020
Choosing the best fitness tracker for iPhone isn’t always easy. There are many fantastic options out there, and each has its pros and cons to consider. Crucially, it’s important to note that there’s no one-size-fits-all option for those in search of the best activity tracker.
Once you’ve determined that the tracking tool you want works with your iPhone, there are a few features worth considering, to help you make your choice:
- Features: What do you want the fitness tracker to do for you? Should it be able to track your steps, take your heart rate, and predict how many calories you’re burning? Do you want to be able to set goals for your athletic efforts?
- Fit: The fitness tracker compatible with iPhone that you choose needs to sit comfortably on your wrist. The device should be lightweight enough that you can almost forget you’re wearing it. A good fit will improve the accuracy of your tracker too.
- Style: Fitness trackers can be sleek and stylish, or bold and bulky. If you’re going to be wearing this accessory every day, it needs to fit with your personal sense of style. Some of the best products on the market even come with changeable straps and other custom elements.
- Battery life: The last thing you want is to look down at your wrist and see your watch is out of charge. The best fitness tracker for iPhone will last for hours at a time so that you can use it day after day. Make sure that charging your device is easy too.
- Bluetooth connection: A solid Bluetooth connection will make it easier for you to set up a strong connection between your iPhone and your fitness tracker. Look for something you can rely on to stay in sync.
Best Fitness Tracker Watch Compatible with iPhone: Our Picks for 2020
The Fitbit Charge 2 is one of the best-known fitness tracker compatible with iPhone options on the market today. Available in a range of styles, this sleek and streamlined tracker can monitor your heart rate, check calorie burn, and help you enhance your workout.
Designed to give athletes a better understanding of their fitness levels, the Fitbit Charge 2 tracks all-day activities like distance traveled, steps, calories burned, active minutes and floors climbed. There’s access to personalized and guided breathing sessions for meditation. Plus, with the Fitbit Charge 2, you can wireless sync your stats with your iPhone.
The Fitbit charge is great for offering huge amounts of accurate athletic information. You can even use connected GPS in run-mode to see real-time stats on things like pace and distance. Plus, the battery lasts for up to five days with each charge.
- See text, call, and calendar notifications
- Access to GPS links for accurate pace and distance
- Track steps, calories burned, distance, heart rate, and more
- Guided and personalized breathing sessions
- Syncs to hundreds of operating devices including iOS
- Peak performance information to improve your workouts
- Frustrating to sync at times with the occasional dropped connection
- The screen is fragile (needs a protector)
The Samsung Gear Fit2 Pro is a durable and powerful device and one of the best fitness activity tracker with iPhone connection options. Water-resistant for a range of up to fifty meters, the Samsung Gear Fit2 Pro works whether you’re running in the rain or working out in the pool. There’s access to music to keep you entertained as you work, plus tons of apps for extra functionality.
Use apps like May MyRun or MyFitnessPal to keep on top of your workouts. With a battery size that lasts from 3 to 5 days, you don’t have to constantly recharge either. The Samsung Fit2 Pro works with both iPhone and Android devices to give you a better overview of your routine. You can even track your heart rate in real time throughout the day.
If you want to avoid taking your phone with you on your next workout, the Samsung also lets you read and respond to calls and texts from your wrist.
- Access calls, texts, and other features on your wrist
- The battery lasts between 3 and 5 days, with a quick recharge rate
- Excellent accuracy for continuous heart-rate tracking
- GPS access to capture each run, jog, and ride
- Standalone music player included
- Various apps to choose from to help with your workout
- The GPS function is problematic and can be affected by buildings
- The strap doesn’t secure very well to the watch face
If you’re looking for the best fitness tracker watch compatible with iPhone, it makes sense to consider one of Apple’s own wearables. The Apple Watch Series 5 is an attractive and reliable smart watch and fitness tracker, offering everything the tech enthusiast needs. The always-on retina display shows you the time and calls details, fitness data, and more.
With the Apple Watch, you can customize everything from your strap to your watch face to suit your needs and style. There’s also the option to track tons of different kinds of fitness information. GPS means that evaluating pace and distance covered is easy. The Apple Watch is also water-resistant up to 50 meters, making it great for swimming.
This best fitness tracker for iPhone also comes with activity rings that track your progress and encourage you to get more done every day. You also get access to music and other brilliant apps for entertainment.
- Stunning customizable design
- GPS for tracking pace and distance covered
- Up to 50 meters of water resistance
- Activity rings and tons of activity and fitness apps available
- Access to features like music and text messages
- Electrical heart sensor (ECG app)
- Runs out of battery quite quickly
- Can be difficult to connect to cellphone services
Finally, fitness trackers don’t always have to come in watch format. This Fitbit Zip Wireless activity tracker can connect to your coat jeans, or backpack, leaving your wrists free for your actual watch. The Fitness Zip Wireless activity tracker can measure distance covered, calories burned, and steps taken, it also syncs automatically to your iPhone.
The Fitbit Zip Wireless works with Bluetooth 4.0, and comes with the option to set goals and view your progress as you work towards your target. You can share your information with friends, and even compete to beat their scores. Plus, this fitness tracker compatible with iPhone also comes with an app for viewing your performance.
Available in a range of colors, the Fitbit Zip is fun and easy to use, with a simple tap display. The battery can even last for up to 6 months!
- An alternative to the smartwatch style activity tracker
- Excellent battery life that lasts up to 6 months
- Easy use with one-tap display and wireless syncing
- Track distance, steps, calories burned, and active minutes
- Colorful water-resistant design
- Difficult to replace the battery
- Requires regular resyncing
Useful Tips and Tricks
If you’re looking for tips on how to make the most of your fitness tracker, check out this guide from PC mag. It’s also worth looking at any instructions that come with your device or the smartphone app that comes with it. Other points to keep in mind include:
- Setting up an account with your fitness tracking app will help you to keep track of your progress towards your goals. The more information you share, the more your device can give you personalized advice and guidance.
- Learn how to use the device properly straight away. Spend some time finding out how the product tracks your movement, and what you need to do to keep it working well. Devices like the Apple Watch come with tips you can try to boost your chances of getting an accurate reading every day. Check out some tips here.
- Make sure you’re wearing it properly. Your fitness tracker can only work if you’re wearing it correctly. If you’re using a watch, ensure that it’s secured properly to your wrist. Using your non-dominant hand is usually a good idea, as your watch won’t get in the way of your daily tasks as much. If you’re not using a watch, check the instructions to see how you can keep readings accurate.
The best fitness tracker watch compatible with iPhone is a personal choice you’ll need to make based on your needs and expectations. Remember, make sure that you know how to use your fitness tracker correctly before you get started to ensure that you’re logging activity accurately. It’s also helpful to regularly update the firmware on your device to keep it working properly.