The best Bluetooth speaker for iPhone users is more than just a fun accessory – it’s the best way to make sure you can share your favorite content with your loved ones.
With an iPhone Bluetooth speaker, you can set up a playlist for your next family picnic or stream songs while you’re in the shower. A wireless speaker for iPhone users also comes in handy when you’re watching videos on YouTube with your friends.
The question is, which is the best wireless speaker for iPhone, and why?
Today we’re going to be looking at some of the most popular Bluetooth speaker options specifically designed for iPhone fans. Let’s get started.
Now that there’s an input jack on your iPhone to plug in a pair of headphones or a speaker, Bluetooth devices are more popular than ever. There are countless companies out there offering Bluetooth solutions – including Apple itself.
To make sure that you’re making the right investment, you’ll need to think carefully about what you want from your new accessory. Do you want a 360-degree surround sound speaker with tons of volume? Or maybe something waterproof and dust-proof, to ensure you can listen to music wherever you go? Here’s an introduction to some of our top choices.
- Bose SoundLink color is a water-resistant speaker with excellent sound quality and a built-in microphone for hands-free calling.
- Marshall Stanmore II is a fantastic rock-and-roll Bluetooth speaker with Bluetooth 5.0 streaming and AptX technology for lossless streaming.
- Sbode Bluetooth Speaker has an excellent 100-foot range and noise-reduction technology for better sound outside. This device is also completely waterproof.
- LENRUE A2 portable speaker is an attractive mini speaker with up to 10 hours of battery life and a robust Bluetooth 4.2 connection.
Who Should Get This?
An iPhone Bluetooth speaker is a great investment for anyone who wants to turn up the volume on their smartphone. Although the speakers on your device are good enough for listening to content solo, they’re not always suitable when you’re watching videos or listening to playlists with friends.
The best Bluetooth speaker for iPhone ensures that you can listen to all of the audio you like, wherever you choose. Because the device connects through Bluetooth, you don’t have to worry about the iPhone’s lack of an input port.
You can take your speaker with you to play music in your car or bring it on your next camping trip. Some wireless speaker for iPhone options are even ideal for use in the bathroom.
Best Bluetooth Speaker for iPhone: What to Consider in 2020
Now that Bluetooth speakers are so popular and convenient, there are plenty of companies competing to earn your attention with their design. The best Bluetooth speaker for iPhone depends heavily on what you want from your new accessory. Here are some of the features you might want to consider:
- Portability: Bluetooth speakers are great to carry with you on the move. A portable speaker that clips onto your backpack or fits in your pocket can accompany you on any adventure. Look for a small and portable speaker if you plan on using this device wherever you go.
- Durability: If you’re going to be taking your iPhone Bluetooth speaker on everything from camping trips to late-night jogs, then you need it to be durable. Look for something with an IPX rating if you want protection against water and dust. Drop-proof and shock-proof speakers are also a good choice if you can be a little clumsy.
- Bluetooth quality: A strong Bluetooth connection reduces your risk of dropped signals, lag, and even audio quality issues. The best option right now is Bluetooth 5.0, but anything over Bluetooth 4 should give you a decent connection.
- Sound quality: A wireless speaker for iPhone needs to sound great at every volume – otherwise, you won’t want to use it. Ensure the audio quality of your new purchase is good enough to give you a crystal clear experience for every song and video.
- Bonus features: Many of the best wireless speaker for iPhone products now come with bonus features too. For instance, your choice might be compatible with voice assistants, so you can control your music with your speech. Other extras may include built-in radio, a belt clip for portability, or an NFC chip for instant pairing.
Best Bluetooth Speaker for iPhone: Our Picks for 2020
A quirky iPhone Bluetooth speaker with plenty of great features, the Bose Soundlink is sure to grab your attention. Featuring state-of-the-art Bose audio technology, this tiny water-resistant speaker comes with everything you need to enjoy your audio in style.
Compatible with iPhone devices, the Soundlink Color has a wireless range of 30 feet, and a built-in microphone so you can take hands-free calls. There’s also instant Bluetooth pairing, with support for your phone’s virtual assistant available. Users can pair multiple Soundlink speakers together to turn up the volume with Bose SimpleSync.
- Eye-catching design in a range of colors
- Lightweight and portable with a rugged exterior
- Water resistant (not suitable to immerse in water)
- Access to Siri and smart assistants
- Bose Connect app for easy set-up
- Microphone included
- Sometimes takes a while to sync with your phone
- Voice prompts can be annoying (reminds you you’re connected to a phone when the music is paused)
Bring a touch of rock and roll into your life with the fantastic Marshall Stanmore II. This wireless Bluetooth speaker looks and sounds incredible, with a powerful, larger-than-life sound. Bluetooth 5.0 means you can wirelessly connect to your iPhone instantly.
This wireless speaker for iPhone also comes with AptX technology for lossless connections, and a 30 feet range. The Marshall Bluetooth app allows you to customize your sound to suit your needs, and there’s a multi-host functionality included too, so you can switch between devices. If you’re looking for the best wireless speaker for iPhone that looks as good as it sounds, this is it.
- Iconic Marshall quality sound
- Bluetooth 5.0 connection with AptX codec
- 30 feet of Bluetooth range
- Customize your sound with the Marshall app
- Link multiple devices at once
- Option for Alexa built-in
- Not fully portable (you’ll need to plug it into a wall outlet)
- Alexa can’t access Apple Music with this speaker. This is a software issue that may be fixed in a future patch.
The Sbode Bluetooth speaker promises crystal-clear sound in any environment. The noise and wind reduction technology makes up for outdoor distractions, while the bass radiators in the loudspeaker ensure an excellent low frequency response. This multi-functional wireless iPhone Bluetooth speaker comes with a 100-foot range and Bluetooth 4.2.
The Sbode comes with an aux line-in option and Micro TF/SD card support. There’s also a durable and waterproof finish, so you can enjoy this device wherever you go. You can even take this speaker with you swimming. As well as offering great Bluetooth speaker support, the Sbode also comes with an FM radio connection, and it’s portable enough to stow easily in any backpack.
- Bluetooth 4.2 with a 100-foot range
- Excellent noise and wind reduction for outdoor listening
- Waterproof and dustproof design
- Micro TF/SD card support and FM radio
- Portable enough to put in any backpack
- Limited volume (not as loud as some speakers)
- Some delay when watching videos on your device
Finally, this best wireless speaker for iPhone from LENRU is perfect for those who want to make an impact with their audio. With an incredible battery life of up to 10 hours, the LENRUE A2 portable speaker will last all day, great for trips outdoors. There are a strong Bluetooth 4.1 connection and a 33 feet wireless range, so connecting your iPhone is easy.
The LENRUE iPhone Bluetooth speaker looks great in a range of colors to suit any style, and it’s small enough to fit into your pocket or backpack. Plus, there’s a ring light included making the device look even more futuristic.
- Up to 10 hours of battery life from one charge
- Quick and strong connection with Bluetooth 4.1
- 33 feet of wireless range
- Excellent sound quality with good volume
- Fits easily into any pocket or backpack
- Looks great with multiple colors and a light ring
- Difficult to follow the instructions for pairing
- Doesn’t work when charging
Useful Tips and Tricks
Pairing a third-party product, like an iPhone Bluetooth speaker, to your iPhone is easier than you’d think. Start by going into your Settings on your device and turning on Bluetooth. Next, switch on your wireless speaker for iPhone, and put it in pairing mode.
Your iPhone should automatically find the speaker and bring up its name. You can tap on the name of the speaker to connect. If you want to unpair your Bluetooth accessory from your iPhone, go into your Settings, then Bluetooth, then tap the info button on the device you want to unpair. Tap “Forget this Device,” to stop pairing with it.
If you’re struggling to pair your Bluetooth speaker to your iPhone, you can get advice on what to do from Apple here.
The best Bluetooth speaker for iPhone is an excellent investment if you want to enjoy your favorite music and videos on the go. With a wireless speaker, you can share your music with friends, listen to video audio when you’re in the shower, and so much more.
Enjoy the power of updating your iPhone audio today.